B2983A B2983A Femto/Picoammeter
Keysight B2980A Series of Femto/Picoammeters and Electrometers/High Resistance Meters not only
offer best-in-class measurement performance, but also provide unprecedented features to maximize your
measurement conidence. The Femto/Picoammeters and Electrometers both offer 0.01 fA (10-17 A) minimum
current resolution, which meets virtually all existing and future low-level current measurement needs.
The electrometers feature a 1,000 V voltage sourcing capability that supports up to 10 PΩ (1016 Ω) resistance
measurements. The electrometers also work with Keysight’s well-proven high resistance meter accessories.
Both the Femto/Picoammeter and Electrometer have battery powered versions to eliminate AC power
line noise. This available capability provides an unmatched level of noise reduction, enabling low-level
measurements that were previously impossible.
Unlike conventional picoammeters and electrometers, the B2980A series possesses a 4.3” color LCDbased graphical user interface (GUI) that provides multiple options for viewing data. In addition to numeric format, data can also be viewed as a graph, as a histogram and as a trend chart. These unique front-panel capabilities facilitate the capture of transient behavior and provide the ability to make quick statistical analyses without the need for a PC. The B2980A series also has features to help you maintain measurement integrity on the external cabling and ixturing. The available Setup Integrity Checker software permits the comparison of noise levels for different cabling and ixturing arrangements, allowing you to identify and isolate the noise-sensitive areas in your measurement system. In addition to these impressive measurement capabilities, the B2980A series has easy-to-use and convenient measurement assist functions that permit users with limited or no electrical engineering training to perform complicated electrical characterization operations with ease.
To provide flexibility and enable you to purchase an instrument with the exact amount of testing capability for your needs, the Keysight B2980A series offers four product versions.
Series Key Features
- 0.01 fA (10-17 A) minimum measurement resolution and 2 pA to 20 mA current measurement ranges with 6.5 digits resolution.
- < 20 μV burden voltage in its lowest current range
- High speed reading rate up to 20,000 rdg/s
- Battery operation models for line noise free measurements1
- Built-in ±1,000 V voltage source2
- Measurement resistances up to 10 PΩ (1016 Ω)2
- > 200 TΩ input impedance for up to 20 V voltage measurement2
- Independent current and voltage measurement2
- Charge measurement down to 2 nC range with 6.5 digits resolution2
- Temperature and humidity measurements2
- Graphical viewing modes (Meter, Graph, Histogram and Roll View)
- Easy-to-use auto navigation to select optimal range and aperture
- Optional Test Setup Integrity Checker function for noise source isolation
- Versatile interface (USB 2.0: LAN, GPIB, LXI Core)
- USB (front): store data, save/recall setup information
- Free PC control software
Model Specific Features
- Measurement resolution: 6.5 digits.
- Current measurement: 0.01 fA - 20mA.
- Minimum range: 2pA.
- Maximum reading rate: 20,000 rdg/s.
- Battery operation.
|Datasheet Title||B2983A Femto/Icoammeter|
|Datasheet URL||B2983A B2983A Femto/Picoammeter|